First time in February 2012 organized Red Pearl women’s clown festival brought world-renowned female clowns to Finland and Sweden. Dance Theatre Hurjaruuth, Helsinki, Espoo City Theatre and Regina Theatre from Uppsala jointly produced the festival, which presented acts from Brazil, England, Austria, Sweden and Finland. Most clowns have traditionally been male, but this festival serve as a reminder that first-class female clowns can be found in the Nordic countries and all over the world.
Welcome to the 8th edition of RED PEARL FESTIVAL 12.-15.2.2020.
On Hurjaruuth´s Stage, Cable Factory, Tallberginkatu 1 A, 2nd floor and Turbiinisali
Program will be released in January 2020.
- Hilary Chaplain (USA): A Life in her Day Thu at 8.30 PM and Fri at 6 PM
- Pepa Plana (CAT): l’Atzar Fri and Sat at 7 PM
- Mireia Miracle (ESP): Rojo Wed and Thu at 7 PM
- Taina Mäki-Iso and Jouni Bäckström (FIN): Tohtori Zeiffal, tohtori Zeigal ja virtahepo jota ei koskaan saatu kiinni Wed at at 6 PM
- Hanna Terävä (FIN): Naku Fri at 8.30 PM (Premiere)
- Inga Björn and Kristiina Tammisalo (FIN): The Receptionists Wed klo at 8.30 PM (Premiere) and Thu at 6 PM
- An Evening with the Finnish Female Clowns Sat at 8.30 PM
- Klovneriakeskustelu Hauskuuden trauma Sat at 4 PM–6 PM