First time in February 2012 organized Red Pearl women’s clown festival brought world-renowned female clowns to Finland and Sweden. Dance Theatre Hurjaruuth, Helsinki, Espoo City Theatre and Regina Theatre from Uppsala jointly produced the festival, which presented acts from Brazil, England, Austria, Sweden and Finland. Most clowns have traditionally been male, but this festival serve as a reminder that first-class female clowns can be found in the Nordic countries and all over the world.
Last festival presented female clowns from France, Mexico, Sweden and Finland. Next Festival in February 2019!
Welcome to the 7th edition of
RED PEARL FESTIVAL 13.-16.2.2019
On Hurjaruuth´s Stage, Cable Factory, Tallberginkatu 1 A, 2nd floor
- Gabriela Muñoz (MEX): Perhaps, perhaps….Quizas Wed 7.2. at 8 pm and Thu 8.2. at 6.30 pm
- Colette Gomette (FRA): Prézidente Fri 9.2. at 8 pm and Sat 10.2. at 6 pm
- Dotterbolaget (SWE): I’m protected by law Thu 8.2. at 8 pm and Fri 9.2. at 6 pm
- Taina Mäki-Iso: Medeia: Clownish Rage Management Wed 7.2. at 6 pm and Sat 10.2. at 4 pm (Kanneltalo)
- Hanna Terävä: Lumikki Wed 7.2. at 6.30 pm
- An Evening with the Finnish Female Clowns Sat 10.2. at 8 pm
- Dotterbolaget (SWE): Trio Smack Sat 10.2. at 1 pm
- Jaakko Autio & Laura Rämä: Isonenä-trilogia TOUCH